Yogi Berra is definitely a character and certain Yogi Berra quotes sum up his personality to a tee. His birthday, May 15th, is right around the corner and these fifteen famous Yogi Berra quotes are a fabulous way to celebrate this American icon.
1. "You should always go to other people's funerals. Otherwise they won't come to yours."
2. "Never answer an anonymous letter."
3. "Little League baseball is a good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets and the kids out of the house."
4. "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
5. "I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"
6. "The game is supposed to be fun. If you have a bad day, don't worry about it. You can't expect to get a hit every game."
7. "What difference does the uniform make? You don't hit with it."
8. "If you don't catch the ball, you catch the bus home."
9. "It ain't over 'till it's over."
10. "When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."
11. "The wind always seems to blow against the catchers when they are running."
12. "So I'm ugly. So what? I've never seen anyone hit with his face."
13. "The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."
14. "It's like déjà vu all over again."
15. "I am happy to speak my words at the university graduation. A lot of people have been quoting me ever since I came to play for the Yankees in 1946. But, as I once said, I really didn't say everything I said. So now it's my turn. I want to give some of my famous advice to the graduates. First, never give up, because it ain't over 'til it's over. Second, during the years ahead, when you come to the fork in the road, take it. Third, don't always follow the crowd, because nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded. Fourth, stay alert. You can observe a lot by watching. Fifth, and last, remember that whatever you do in life, 90 percent of it is half mental. In closing, I want to quote myself again: Thank you, Montclair State University, for making this day necessary."
When it comes to Yogi Berra, no one runs the middle of the road. You either love him or hate him — but isn't it hard to hate such an entertaining character? One things for sure… Yogi Berra quotes (lovingly known as Yogiisms) are a great way to capture the personality of this boisterous fellow.
For more Yogi Berra quotes, check out the popular Yogi Berra quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.